Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome Home, Carter!

On Friday, January 30th, we brought Carter home for the very first time! We were discharged from the hospital around 1:00. I secured Carter in to his carseat in the hospital room, while Steve took all our bags down and brought the car up to the door. Once we were all ready, we began our big trip home!

Carter did not make a peep the entire time he was in his carseat! I managed to climb my way in to the backseat over Abbie's giant carseat. I had to push all her toys and books out of the way so I had a place to sit in between their two carseats! Steve drove so slow the entire way home, just like he had done with Abbie. I didn't say anything, but it was the longest car ride ever!


Once we arrived home, Abbie and Mimi came outside to meet us. Abbie was so excited to see her mommy and daddy in a place other than the hospital! I was also very excited to see my first baby again, Bailey. I had missed her so much during my time away, and I know she missed me too! I think this might be our first picture as a family of four!
The rest of the afternoon we spent relaxing and enjoying our newest family member. We love you so much, Carter, and are so glad to have you in our lives (even though our house seems like a circus these days with two kids and a dog!). Welcome home!

No comments: