Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Abbie's First Solo Swim

This morning Abbie had her first swim class without me. Well it wasn't really without me. I ended up having to sit right behind her the entire class! I knew the first day would be difficult since it would be a new experience for her. It didn't help that the other 3 children in class were also crying! They were all supposed to sit on little foam turtles on the side of the pool and then take turns swimming with the teacher. At least I managed to get Abbie to sit on or near her turtle the entire class. That was better than some! She was fine watching the other children swim with the teacher. Unfortunately, she quickly figured out the rotation and knew when her turn was next! She would immediately start to cry and cry the entire time she was in the water. Then she would come back, sit, and be fine until the next time it was her turn! I really hope we only have a few more classes like this! It is just as exhausting as actually swimming with her! Here is the only picture I was able to get of her today. Look at that face! You would have thought it was the end of the world! I did ask her after class if she had fun and she said yes. Go figure!

No comments: