Thursday, January 8, 2009

Carter Update at 35+ Weeks

Yesterday I made an unplanned visit to see the doctor. I felt that there had been a decrease in Carter's movements and just wanted to make sure everything was okay. Of course, as soon as they hooked me up to the fetal heartrate monitor he started moving like crazy! I think he moved the entire 20 minutes they were monitoring. The doctor probably thought I was crazy. Since then his movements are back to normal. She also measured me again and said I was now measuring a little smaller than average. The next step was to have a sonogram done today to make sure everything was okay.

Stephen and I tried not to worry too much, since we had already been through the same issue with Abbie. Abbie measured small much of my last trimester so I had to go in for monitoring many times with her. I am convinced my stomach just reaches a point where it stops growing. We all went for the sonogram this morning (Daddy met us at the doctor). The good news is everything with Carter looks great! He weighs approximate 5 pounds 13 ounces (54% percentile) and is 19 inches long. I can't believe how long he is already considering that is how long Abbie was when she was born! Of course, these measurements are just a guess and could be off quite a bit. She also said there was no doubt he is a boy! The only thing the doctor is still concerned about is the fluid surrounding the baby. She said it is in the lower normal range. She prescribed lots of rest (yea right) and lots of water. So that means another sonogram in a week and then we will go from there. If he doesn't come sooner, I think we plan to be induced again on January 28th! That just happens to be Great Grandpa Carter's birthday! Not to mention less than 3 weeks away. Yikes! He will be here soon!

Here is a picture of our sweet baby's face from the sonogram today. He is lying on his side. It looks like he has chubby cheeks!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

SO happy that Carter is growing and well! Don't ever think you are 'crazy'...you have to trust your 'natural mom's instinct'...trust me! Can't believe that he could be here so soon. REST my dear....you will need it soon!! Good luck and all our prayers! :)