Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quick Update!

Steve and I want to thank everyone for their love and support! We are hanging in there almost one week after Carter's arrival. Carter has been a very good baby so far! He is easily comforted and nursing well, which is more than we could have hoped for. We had to take him to the doctor yesterday and today as he is a little jaundiced and to check his weight. The good news is his jaundice level fell three points from yesterday's level and his weight went up an ounce! That is exciting news for me as I am still unsure of nursing as I was not successful with Abbie. I am trying to just take nursing one day at a time. I figure one more day is better than stopping! Abbie is being a terrific big sister! She is fascinated by him at some moments and completely oblivious to him at others! She loves to touch him and give him kisses. She is slightly acting out more, but who knows...that could just be the almost 2 year old in her! She is still napping and sleeping well which is really all that I need. I just don't need an overtired toddler running around! Today she is at school and had no problem at drop off. I am sure she is having a great time! Here are a few quick pictures. I will post more "stories" of our past week soon.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

He is precious! What a wonderful big sister Abbie is. Congratulations again on Carter!

Gauger Family said...

He looks so tiny! I'm glad you guys are doing so great. You make it seem so easy :)

Wendy said...

Cute pictures - thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lindsay! So glad to "hear" you and baby Carter are doing well and that Abbie seems to be adjusting well, too. You look great!