Tuesday, January 27th, began like any other day. Steve worked from home that day, so we both went in to get Abbie out of bed at the usual time, 7:45. She was happy to see us, as always, and greeted us with a huge smile!
After a quick diaper change, it was time to eat breakfast. Tuesday mornings are always a little hectic trying to get out the door for her school in time. She had pears, oatmeal and a waffle for breakfast. Oh, and of course her favorite, orange juice. After breakfast, she got dressed for school and played around until it was time to leave.

Steve and I both took her to school that morning, in an effort to spend as much time with "just her" as possible before Carter's arrival the following day. She must have sensed something was different because she whined a little as she walked into her classroom, very unlike her these days. She ended up having a wonderful day as usual! We took advantage of the "free time" as well. Steve worked while I went to the doctor for my last check-up. Then we had a nice lunch, just the two of us. Oh how easy only one child seems now!

I was called around 12:15 to come pick Abbie up early from school. It seems everyone was already starting to panic about the upcoming weather. We came home and she had her usual after school snack, yogurt and crackers. We played inside the rest of the afternoon, as the weather had already taken a turn for the worst. She pretended to change her baby's diaper for hours. She even says the wipe is cold when she wipes her baby!


Around 5:00, Mimi and Bebe arrived and so began our big adventure. Looking back, I tear up just thinking about how much attention Abbie received and how easy things seemed only a few short weeks ago. I know Abbie enjoyed her last day as an only child, but I am sure she will treasure her times with her little brother even more. We love you Abbie!


2 comments:
Oh she will........ I fretted over the same exact things before Theo came along and now I can tell you with 100% confidence that my boys are the best of friends. Theo ADORES Jack and lights up when he's around. Jack loves his baby brother and the two of them will play together even when at other people's houses for playdates. You'll love seeing this bond forged, esp. since you were an only child (I am too).
Carter will be so lucky to have Abbie around to play with and love!
It is so hard not to worry about the psyche of your older child when you have another baby! I was the same way but Aidan and Avery are the best of friends. Abbie seems like such a laid-back girl, and it sounds like she is doing great with Carter! We'll have to do a KD playdate soon so we can meet Carter. Maybe early or mid March? I loved reading the birth story! Hope all is well :)
Lauren
PS - Avery has those exact same monkey pj's, and the same snowman shirt!
Post a Comment