Tonight we all took an organized tour of the maternity ward at our hospital. Since Stephen and I had never been to the hospital, we thought it was important that we get familiar with it before Elisabeth’s arrival. I thought it would be nice for the kids to get used to it as well, so it wasn’t new to them when they come for a visit. Both the kids did really well during the hour tour. We saw a maternity room. It was so strange for me to be back in one. I just kept thinking back to Abbie and Carter’s births and then started thinking about what Elisabeth’s might be like. It really sunk in that we are going to be doing all of this over again in a short time! I am not really looking forward to the actual delivery (just nervous I guess) but know it will all be worth it once she is here.
Since this is a new hospital for us, I was able to ask our guide a few questions I had about how things would work with the baby and staying with us after she is born. This hospital seems to be very family-friendly, which I am looking forward to. It seems like she will stay with us the entire time if we want, no leaving the room for baths or pediatrician checks. I was the only person who asked a question. I hope I didn’t scare any of the new moms! It won’t be long until we are there for the real thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment