Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Beautiful Day

Today was a beautiful day!  We had a gorgeous, sunny day and both kids were (finally) back in school.  Not even my 6-month dental cleaning this morning could ruin my excitement for a kid-free day of running errands!  I used to love school holidays as a teacher, but as a parent I would much prefer we just stick with our normal school schedule!

After my peaceful morning, we brought Emma home with us from school and headed to the playground.  All the kids wanted to ride bikes.  I quickly realized that we need a spare helmet for when we have friends over.  Abbie and Emma were both not able to fit in Abbie’s old helmet, so I let Abbie ride slowly to the playground with no helmet.  Fortunately, it is just down the street.  I just hate her not wearing a helmet and walked next to her the entire way.  It was Carter’s very first time to ride his tricycle all the way to the playground.  I was so proud of him!

The kids all had fun playing at the playground.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  I guess our winter is over here because 70s are in the forecast as far as it goes out.  I am making a mental note to myself to buy very few winter clothes next year.  We just don’t get any use out of them.

IMG_4805nIMG_4806nIMG_4807nIMG_4809nIMG_4813nIMG_4816nIMG_4814n

Please excuse Carter’s high-water pants!  The boy is just too skinny!  I have yet to find a pair of pants that is long enough and will also stay up.  Poor kid has to still wear an 18-month swimsuit for swim class because his 2T won’t stay up now that he no longer has to wear a swim diaper!

After we dropped Emma off at home we made a quick trip to the grocery store.  Well I say quick…even getting just two things with two small kids take forever!  Now we are home for the night, and I am ready for a break!

No comments: