This morning was Carter’s very first soccer class of this season! Every Friday for the next 10 weeks he is taking a combination class of soccer and baseball. Nana and Pop Pop gave Carter his class for his birthday. Thanks Nana and Pop Pop! Abbie got to join us for his first class since she has a holiday from school today. I was a little nervous to see how Carter would do in the class. I had to sign him up for the 3 year old class, for which he is technically 2 months shy of meeting the age requirement, because it worked better for our schedule. I also really didn’t want him being the oldest in a class of 2 year olds. So I was wondering if he would be able to keep up with and follow directions like the much older boys in his class. Abbie was excited to see him play and had to bring along her baby, purse (with I-phone) and camera, of course!
Carter did great when we arrived to class. He walked right in without any hesitation. He followed Coach Mark’s directions very well and did everything he was supposed to do. I noticed his balance and general soccer skills had improved greatly since last year. He does still have a tendency to pick the ball up with his hands on occasion though! He did all the stretching, dribbling and kicking the coach asked him to do, and he even enjoyed it!
I think he was actually supposed to be holding the ball here and hopping like a kangaroo!
I think his favorite part of class was chasing his coach around with the giant noodle and trying to “tickle” him.
Here he is showing me all the stamps he earned during class. He earned all his stamps, which I guess was a big accomplishment considering some of the boys did not behave and follow directions and therefore did not earn all of their stamps. I don’t want to sound like that mom, but there really were some poorly behaved boys in the class! I was very proud of Carter and how well he followed directions and listened to his coach. I would have been seriously embarrassed by some of the other boys behavior (but don’t worry, their moms were too busy texting to be embarrassed or even notice)!
Look at that smile! I would say the class was a hit!
Then there was the little soccer mom who sat next to me! Every time Carter would come stand by us she would go up to him and give him kisses and tell him what a great job he was doing.
Notice how she is holding her pink camera…she had just taken a picture of Carter. Her camera told him he was “As pretty as a princess”! Ha!
Look at her holding her baby, wearing her ring and sitting with her legs crossed. Sometimes I really wonder if she is my child! This little girl just makes me laugh all the time! I think we are going to have some issues when Elisabeth arrives realizing that she is not really Abbie’s baby!
After soccer, we went to the party store to pick up some things for Carter’s big party coming up. Then we came up for lunch and play time before naps. It was a fun day!

1 comment:
Awesome! Looks like he is loving it. I bet that will wear him out!!
Post a Comment