When is it really “just” another day with two small children, one on the way, and a dog?!? Thursday is our only “free” day (no school or activities) and I always have big plans to get things done that day. Today we were planning to have some friends over to play. Of course, something unexpected came up like it always does.
Starting on Monday, I began having pain in my left leg. It wasn’t too bad at first, but by yesterday my entire leg ached the whole day. I would have just thought it was normal pregnancy pain/annoyance had it been in both legs. The fact that it was only in my left leg made me a little more concerned. So this morning I had to make an unplanned trip to the OBGYN. Not fun. They must have been working me in to the schedule, and I ended up sitting in the waiting room for an hour before being called back. Thank goodness Stephen stayed and worked at home in the morning with the kids. However, this also meant that I had to do all of the doctor stuff this morning by myself, which is never fun when you are worried about something. The doctor came in and looked at my leg and listened to Elisabeth’s heartbeat (which was perfect!) and then immediately sent me to the hospital’s Outpatient Imaging Center to have an ultrasound done of my leg to check for a blood clot. So I then went to the center, where they fortunately were able to perform the procedure quickly, well as quickly as could be done with first having to fill out a million hospital forms (which then reminded me that we really need to go to the hospital and register for the birth soon!). My technician was very nice. I asked her if she would be giving me the results or if my doctor would and she said “Well if I tell you you can get dressed and go home then that is good news.” Which made me realize that not so good news must mean heading straight to the hospital. So after laying there for what seemed like forever she finally said with a smile that I could get dressed and go home. I was so relieved! I finally made it home around 12:45 to a crazy family. As soon as I walked in the door I had Bailey jumping on me and the kids begging me to paint and Steve was out the door. Life just goes on I guess! There is no resting in this house! Fortunately, my left leg feels a little better, but of course my right leg now hurts. I think I am just getting too old to be pregnant! Good thing this is the last one!
The kids took a (much needed for Mommy) nap this afternoon and then we went to Office Max to pick up the invitations I had printed for Carter’s 3rd birthday party. I can’t believe he is almost 3! Just last night Steve was playing with him and holding him like a baby and commented on how small he was. I told him just wait until Elisabeth gets here and then we will be reminded of how small babies really are!
Here we are on our way to Office Max this afternoon. I figured I needed to take some pictures of the new car!
It looks a little strange right now to have both kids in the back row. I figured it would be better to just start them there then move them in a few months when we have to put in the baby carseat. They love it in the back and call it their home!
Here is a picture of my backup camera. I like it and think it is a nice feature. I just wish I also had a sensor for when I get too close to things like I did in the Explorer. (That only came with the next model up and Steve said that was not an option!)

1 comment:
Love the new wheels. OMG, how big does Abbie look??? Too big. Sorry about your leg. That is crazy. Try and rest when you can!!
Post a Comment