Sunday, January 8, 2012

Things My Kids Say…

Carter has been saying some very funny things lately. He makes me laugh all the time! Here are a few of his latest…



  • Over the Christmas holiday, Stephen, Nana, Carter and I were all standing in the kitchen. The next thing I know, Carter turns his back to us and says “You no look at what I going to do.” I think he was trying to sneak some candy or cookies. We all just thought it was hilarious. His phrase could not have possibly had a more opposite affect than he intended because of course we all immediately rushed to see what he was doing!

  • When Carter is trying to get our attention if we are already in a conversation or to delay us leaving his room at night after we put him to bed he says “I need to tell you something.” Then of course he really has nothing much to say and just smiles.

  • The other night as I was making spaghetti he was eyeing the pasta in the pot. All of a sudden he says, “I want my belly to get big like you.” I think he was intending to say that he was going to eat so much spaghetti that his belly would be as big as mine.

Abbie is driving me crazy these days with her talking back. She already sounds like a teenager sometimes! I can’t imagine how bad it will be when she actually is a teenager! She has said a few funny things that I want to remember.



  • Every night before bed, Abbie used to always have to tell us the same thing, “Come as fast as a motorcycle just if I need you and if you forget put on your thinking cap.” She would say it to us every night for months and months. It always made me smile to myself as I would leave her room at night. Recently she has stopped saying it, and I asked her about it. She said she doesn’t need to say it anymore because now she just comes down to our room if she needs us during the night instead of waiting for us to come to her room.

  • The other day the kids were watching Olivia. Olivia always gives her little life lessons during the show. The other day the life lesson was “Little brothers always want what you want.”, to which Abbie replied “That’s with me too!” I just had to laugh because it is the story of her life these days! Poor Abbie, it is rough having a little brother (or bother as Olivia would say) sometimes!

No comments: