Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making Room For Baby

While Stephen’s parents were here over Christmas, his dad helped him take down/move the queen size bed we had in the guest room. I just love the bed and have had it since I graduated from college, but we just won’t have room for it anymore. They also brought Stephen’s old dresser down to the garage in order for me to attempt to paint it white to use in Elisabeth’s nursery. The empty guest room was quickly filled with all things baby. We now have haphazardly thrown in the room her new white changing table, a swing, two bouncy chairs, the rocking chair and a bunch of baby toys (the zebra, the learning table, musical stage, etc.). The room is a disaster area! We even have her new crib in the room, still in the box. In the next few months before her arrival we have to paint the room purple (she is using Abbie’s old crib bedding), paint the dresser and bookcase white, buy/hang the curtains/blackout panel, put together the crib and get the room organized. There is still a lot to do!


IMG_4703


Yesterday, I put the bed up for sale on Craigslist and had about six people email me within a few hours! Fortunately, I found a really nice woman who came to look at it last night and is coming back tonight to pick it up with a U-haul. As sad as I am to see the bed go, it is so nice to be making progress on things and to hopefully get our garage full of furniture cleared out soon!



Meanwhile, the kids and I continued getting back in our routine today with ballet and swimming this morning. After lunch they played together well upstairs. Carter played with the fish and fishing pole while Abbie took care of her baby. She can’t wait for her little sister to arrive!



IMG_4688IMG_4696IMG_4697IMG_4698IMG_4699IMG_4701IMG_4702



Both of them are currently taking naps, while I am trying to stay on track with my resolution to blog. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: