Friday, January 27, 2012

Carter’s Last Day as a Two Year Old

Today is Carter’s last day as a two year old. I can’t believe my (middle) baby is almost 3! The time has gone by so fast! I told Stephen as we were getting ready this morning that it would have been our last day with a two year old. He said it took him a while to realize that we are in fact going to do this all over again! I must say that I would probably be a crying mess tomorrow if little Elisabeth wasn’t on her way. I am just not ready yet to not have any little ones in the house!


Since Abbie was in school, Carter and I had that whole morning together. After we dropped her off, we went to Walmart for some last minute birthday supplies. Then it was off to soccer! Well, actually it was baseball today. It was Carter’s very first time to play anything really baseball related. I was curious to see how he would do with the sudden switch, but he did okay. He is still a really good listener and follows directions. He seemed to really have fun running the bases and hitting the ball with the bat!


IMG_4866n


Stretching with Coach Danny


IMG_4868n


Getting the Wiggles Out


IMG_4857n


Running the Bases


IMG_4863nIMG_4874nIMG_4883n


Such a Big Boy!


IMG_4877nIMG_4888nIMG_4893nIMG_4896nIMG_4890n


IMG_4861n


We came home and had lunch. Then we picked Abbie up from school and came home for naps. Carter had a hard time falling asleep even though I knew he was tired. I think he is just excited about his big day!


After naps, we went outside for a little play time. I had to take the opportunity to take a few pictures of my big boy’s last few hours as a two year old!


IMG_4914nIMG_4913nIMG_4915n


Abbie made Carter the cutest card for his birthday at school today. She said she was just too excited to wait and had to give it to him today.


IMG_4910nIMG_4912nIMG_4899nIMG_4903nIMG_4909nIMG_4908nIMG_4900n


I seriously do not think he could be any cuter or sweeter! I just love him to pieces! Carter is such a cuddle bug and loves to lay next to me and give me kisses. We also share a true love of dogs. He loves his stuffed puppy just as much as I love my puppy! We often lay in bed and love on our puppies! I love the little person he has become, so fun-loving and caring. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for him! I know that tomorrow it holds a super fun birthday!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Awww! He is so cute! He looks all grown up. Love his new hair cut too. Hope you all have a super fun day!!