Look at that face. That is one sleepy puppy because she was up all night, and kept her mommy up with her. We had horrible lightening and thunder all night long. Why is it that we never get any rain and then when we do it is always in the form of thunderstorms that happen right in the middle of the night?!? Bailey is terrified of the thunder and lightening. She would just not go to sleep. Steve and I both took her out in the middle of the night multiple times to go to the bathroom hoping she would then settle down. It didn’t help. She just kept pacing around the house, jumping up and down from our bed all night long. Lucky Steve had no problem sleeping through all this. I, on the other hand, can not go back to sleep if one of my “babies” is having a bad night. So Bailey and I were up together all night. Fortunately, the kids slept through most of the storm. They did not wake up until around 6:30 when there was a really loud boom of thunder. What a morning! On top of all that, I had to get the kids to school in the pouring rain right on time because I had my monthly OB appointment at 9:45. The kids and I were packed and ready to leave when I realized that Bailey was so anxious that now her tummy was in really bad shape. So I called the vet and told them what was going on and went straight there to drop her off. Right after dropping her off, I had to race back the opposite direction to the kids’ school, drop them off, and go to my doctor all in the pouring rain. Ugh. Thankfully, Bailey was ready to go home by the time I stopped by after my appointment. I left there with a tired puppy, her probiotics, anti-nausea medicine and a sedative. It is just one thing after another! At least now I have the sedative in the event that we have any more thunderstorms.
I know it probably sounds a little crazy that my dog would require so much of my time and attention. Even I think the medicines and things I have to give her sometimes are a little ridiculous. After all, she is a dog. But what can I do? I love her. I don’t really have any other choice but to stay up with her when she is terrified and to pay obscene amounts of money to make sure that she is okay. I can’t let her be in pain or be sick if there is something to make her better. She is just one lucky dog that she found a mommy who loves her so much. I know she loves me just as much and would do anything she could to help me. Let’s just hope we both get some much needed sleep tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment