Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Carter!

Happy Birthday Carter! Today Carter turned three years old!


IMG_4920nIMG_4921nIMG_5008nIMG_5011nIMG_5006nIMG_5007n


Carter walked into our room at 6:06 this morning. He never wakes up that early! I think he was just too excited to sleep! He walked in and asked “It’s my birthday today?”. He was so happy to learn the answer was finally “Yes!”. The kids had a lazy morning while Stephen and I worked hard getting things ready for his party later in the afternoon. I had to frost the cupcakes I had baked the night before. Steve ran out to Party City to pick up the balloons and drop them off at The Little Gym and then stopped to pick up Carter’s Thomas the Train birthday cake. Since the kids had woken up so early, I made them both have rest time around 11:15. Carter eventually fell asleep and had a good little nap before it was time to eat lunch and go to his party! I will do a separate entry on his party.


After his fun party, we came home to open presents. He got a lot of great things from his friends. He also got his very own car just like Abbie’s and a big boy bike! He was excited to try them out.


IMG_5016nIMG_5012nIMG_5013nIMG_5014nIMG_5021nIMG_5023n


Next it was time to celebrate again at dinner with Mimi, Bebe and Grandmere. We had a nice dinner at Chili’s. I asked our waiter to bring Carter a brownie sundae (with the ice cream and brownie separate) so we could sing “Happy Birthday” one more time. Carter was so embarrassed when the waiters came out singing to him! He tried to hide behind Mimi. He is just not fond of all the attention being on him. He was excited to blow out his candle and eat his ice cream though!


IMG_5026nIMG_5027nIMG_5028nIMG_5031n


After dinner we came home and had quick baths before opening one last present, the one from Abbie. Of course, she had to help him unwrap it! He loves the pirate ship she gave him (but was not too happy when she piled all her princess dolls on it the other day)!


IMG_5037nIMG_5038nIMG_5039nIMG_5040n


I couldn’t resist having a few quick pictures taken with my big birthday boy before bed. We all were exhausted after the big day and happily fell asleep. We love you, Carter!!


IMG_5041nIMG_5042nIMG_5044n

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Looks like he had a fun day!! Happy Birthday Carter!