Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lazy Day

Today was a lazy Thursday for us, well as lazy as any day can be anymore!  It is our one day of the week where we don’t have to be up early and rushing out the door for something.  We took our time eating breakfast and getting ready for the day and then headed our for some pre-lunch errands.  Carter had to get his haircut (in anticipation of his big 3rd birthday this weekend!), and then we had to stop at the bank and grocery store.  It might not sound like much, but that is just about as many errands I can expect to get done with them at one time before we all start to meltdown!

The first stop was for Carter’s haircut.  He has always been so great while getting his hair cut, even when he was very little.  (Abbie was not always so agreeable so it is a nice change!)  Toy Story 3 is usually on when we go and he just sits there quietly until she is done.  Of course he was rewarded with a lollipop at the end!

IMG_4834nIMG_4835nIMG_4836nIMG_4837n

Next we went through the drive-thru at the bank.  The kids know they have lollipops and insisted on having another one.  Oh well!  Of course, even though I ask for them right away, the teller always forgets the lollipops and I have to send the canister back for them.  You can’t promise lollipops to two small kids and then not give them one!

The last stop was the grocery store.  They both did really well walking by me.  We only needed a few things so it was a fast trip.  Then we headed home for lunch.

After lunch we played some games upstairs.  We attempted to play Candy Land.  Carter always loses interest within minutes and then just wants to destroy the game board.  So we gave up, and Abbie worked on a puzzle while Carter played around.  Now the house is quiet for naps.  Yay!

IMG_4840nIMG_4842nIMG_4844nIMG_4845nIMG_4846n

This Saturday is Carter’s birthday, and we are giving him a party at The Little Gym.   I don’t even feel like I have much to prepare for it, and my dining room table still looks like this!  (Every time Abbie walks by she gets upset that it is not for her birthday.  She just does not understand how Carter’s birthday can come “first” even though she is older.  Drama queen!)

IMG_4838

And because my belly is looking especially big these days, here is a belly pic.  I guess Elisabeth is really growing (at least I hope so and it is not just my belly that is growing!).  I am 31 weeks and we have only 8 more weeks at most until she is here!  (If she does not come earlier, I will probably be induced at 39 weeks like I was with Abbie and Carter.)

IMG_4839n

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

How fun! You are all belly girl! I guess not much time to eat and relax the 3rd time around??? :)