Since finding out we were pregnant with Carter, I knew the only big piece of new equipment we would need was a double stroller. Abbie is not even close to being able to walk beside me for long periods of time! I am able to let her walk in a store if we are only going to one place. Otherwise, I would spend more time chasing after her than getting anything done.
I had been looking at double strollers throughout my pregnancy and since having Carter. I just couldn't decide on one. I am not very good at picking out strollers. We have quite a collection (we now have 5!). It has been hard these past few weeks being limited in the places I could take them both to. I was only able to take them to places with big shopping carts (ie. the grocery store, Target, etc.) in which Abbie would ride in the seat and Carter would ride in his carseat in the basket. We were also limited in our ability to take walks. I would push Carter while Abbie walked beside me. Having to deal with Abbie meant that poor Bailey couldn't go with us. Going for walks with Bailey is one of our favorite things to do, especially in the Spring when Abbie's allergies aren't as bad. I knew the time had come to finally decide on one!
After talking to my best friend Michelle and other people with double strollers, I finally decided on a BOB stroller. I think it is technically a jogging stroller (and I don't jog) but it is very easy to push. The seats are large enough for both of them and they sit up high, which I like. We took it out for a test drive this afternoon since the days of unending rain had finally ended. Abbie seemed to like it (don't ask me what she is doing in this picture!) and Carter slept the entire time. The second he gets in his carseat and gets moving he falls asleep! I am so glad that I will finally be able to get out with them more! I am also looking forward to more walks with all three of my kids this Spring in the nice weather!
I promise this is the last stroller I will ever buy, Steve! (I can see him rolling his eyes and saying 'yea right' right now!)


2 comments:
LOVE your new set of wheels!! You can tell Steve we currently own SIX strollers....I appear to be like you in that department!! My family makes fun of me on my 'stroller and diaper bag' obsession! Have owned SIX diaper bags for Michael alone...am only allowed ONE for Miss Julia!! :) Take care!! Hope you & Abbie are feeling better!
How cool, I've never seen that stroller before! Daniel has given me a hard of me for buying so many strollers over the years so he can definitely relate to Steve!
Post a Comment