Monday, March 30, 2009

Abbie's 2 Year Check Up

Abbie had her 2 year check up this morning and did very well! She loves her doctor, which helps a lot. She was very patient while she was measured and weighed. She is 36 7/8" tall (98%) and weighs 28.5 lbs (75%). He estimated she will be at least 5'10"! I am thankful that this is just an estimate. I don't want her to be too tall! She will never be able to find clothes that fit. Anyway, he said she will probably always be one of the tallest girls in her class. I can't imagine the day that she is taller than me, but I guess it is just a matter of time! He said she is perfectly healthy and meeting all of her developmental milestones, for which Steve and I are so thankful! She had to have her finger pricked to test iron levels and received a Hep-A shot. I was amazed...she didn't make a peep for either! I was definitely prepared for the worst but was happily surprised. She is my brave little girl! My mom always tells me it used to take 3 nurses to hold me down for shots! We love you Abbie! Way to grow...keep it up!