Stephen had an interview this afternoon so he was able to stay home with Carter this morning. All morning Abbie and I talked about going to feed the ducks with Griffin and Emmy. I was listing their names when she suddenly said "friends"! That is a new word for her and it was so neat to hear that she actually got the idea of who her friends are!
I always keep extra bread, or "duckie food" as Abbie calls it, on hand because feeding the ducks is one of her favorite activities. We took an entire loaf this morning! All of the kids had a great time feeding the ducks and were very adventurous when it came to getting close to the water, much to their mommies dismay! After feeding the ducks, we walked across a park to get to a playground. On our way, we saw a big turtle sunning itself in the water. The rest of the day Abbie kept saying "big turtle night-night" and made sure to tell Daddy about it when she got home.





They all loved swinging and playing on the playground. Abbie especially loved the bouncing bridge, which I don't think she had ever seen before. We stayed there for about an hour before it was time to head home. Of course she didn't want to leave. I enticed her away from the playground by saying she could see the turtle again. Then I got her away from the turtle by saying she could see the ducks again. It is just one distraction after another these days!




We finally made it back to the car and then home for lunch! She worked up quite an appetite on her adventure this morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment