Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Little Mommy

Abbie is very into pretend play with her babies these days. She likes to do all the same things that I do with Carter with her babies. Don't get me wrong...she would much rather play with the real baby. She can usually beat me to him when he cries (she runs fast!) and I will find her putting the wrong end of his pacifier in his mouth or patting (more like hitting) him on the head. I know she means well but most of the day I am trying to keep her off of him!

So, she will then go and play with her babies. Poor Carter ends up with no clean pacifiers because all of Abbie's babies are using them. I will hear her talking to her babies. A few of her favorite phrases are:

-Bless you, Baby (when Carter or her babies sneeze)
-It's okay honey
-Shh baby shh
-Do you have a poopy?

I am able to tell all of the phrases I routinely say by what Abbie picks up on! (She has also started saying "right now" a lot...I guess I have used that one a few times in her day!) The other day I found her putting her baby in the carseat, pacifier and blanket in place, making sure it was "tight"! She is such a good little mommy!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is she!?! A little mommy indeed!