Monday, March 30, 2009

Carter's 2 Month Check Up

Carter went in for his 2 month check up this morning! I was very proud of myself...I had not taken him to the doctor in a month since he received his last shot! That has to be a record for me. I took Abbie all the time when she was a newborn for all of her various issues. Carter did very well during his exam! He did not cry at all while he was measured or weighed. He is 23 1/8" tall (50%) and weighs 11.7 lbs (50%). The doctor said he is growing just as he should be! He also made another comment about how large Carter's feet are! I have a feeling Carter is going to be tall just like Abbie! He was very good while the doctor examined him. He happily laid on the table while the doctor did the exam. Again, I was amazed! I remember Abbie crying hysterically through all of her early exams! The doctor said he looks perfectly healthy. Carter's arms and legs shake a lot, which I asked the doctor about. He said it is due to his strong muscle tone and lack of control over it. The doctor thinks his gross motor skills (such as rolling over, sitting up, etc.) will develop quicker than average because of it. All I was thinking when he said that was "Great, another climber!". I guess time will tell. After the exam, it was time for his vaccinations. This is when the exam went downhill! He was not happy about receiving 4 shots and let us know...loudly. Thankfully, his crying stopped fairly quickly. He is now having a grumpy day, alternating between sleeping and crying. Poor thing! Hopefully he feels better soon! We are so thankful our little boy is happy and growing!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

yeah for great checkups and healthy children!! :)