Today was Abbie's designated "birthday day" at school. We were told at the very beginning of school last Fall when Abbie's day would be. (I am assuming they assign days to make sure that each child has a chance to be recognized.) I made sure to mark my calendar then so that I wouldn't forget.
Since it was her day, I had to provide the special snack for the day and fun plates. When I asked for snack ideas, her teachers told me that Cheetos are a big favorite among the toddler crowd. Since we never have Cheetos as one of our chip choices in the house (although I do love them), I knew that it would be a very special treat for Abbie. This morning before school, I told her that she was going to celebrate her birthday at school and that as a special treat she would have Cheetos for a snack. She was very excited!
Since it was her day, I had to provide the special snack for the day and fun plates. When I asked for snack ideas, her teachers told me that Cheetos are a big favorite among the toddler crowd. Since we never have Cheetos as one of our chip choices in the house (although I do love them), I knew that it would be a very special treat for Abbie. This morning before school, I told her that she was going to celebrate her birthday at school and that as a special treat she would have Cheetos for a snack. She was very excited!


Pointing at the Cheetos in her bag before school.
This afternoon when I picked her up, her teachers told me that the Cheetos were a huge hit! They said it was one of the longest snack times of the year and that all the kids loved them. I know Abbie did...she came home covered in Cheetos dust! Now I am off to try to get the orange mess out of her new white sweater and pants!


1 comment:
I'm sure the other moms just loved you that day. Ha Ha!
Post a Comment