After a hectic and busy day yesterday, I was looking forward to a more restful day today. It is cold and rainy today, perfect for staying in.
We had to rush to school to make it in time to drop Abbie off at carline. She is going home with Emma today so Carter and I have the whole day together, just the two of us! Carter and I went to his second to last day of SoccerTots. He had a great time as usual. Afterward, instead of our usual routine of running a bunch of errands, we just came home. We had a lazy morning, followed by a quick trip to Sonic for lunch.
Friday Sonic lunches have turned into a special time for Carter and me. I don’t really know where he gets it from, but Carter loves hot dogs. (I do know he gets his love of ketchup from me!) I like them, but average about 1 a year, Steve hates them and Abbie won’t try them. Therefore, we don’t have them in the house. The only time he really eats them is when we pick them up from Sonic on Friday when Abbie is at school. So we went and picked up a hot dog for Carter and a grilled cheese for me. We brought our lunch home and had a little date!
After lunch, Carter and Bailey watched cartoons on my bed while I folded laundry. (I am so used to dealing with someone blocking someone else’s view of the TV that I had to stop myself from telling Carter to move so Bailey could see the TV! I think Mommy brain is really getting to me!) Once I was finished, we all curled up on the bed for a little down time. It was so nice! It is amazing to me how quiet a house is with only one child when you don’t have all of the sibling bickering to deal with!
Now Carter is taking a much needed nap after two days without one. I am hoping he takes a long one so I can try to rest a little. I have had a great time just talking and relaxing with my sweet little boy today!
ETA: My resting is currently involving watching Pride and Prejudice for the millionth time. The last time I watched it is when I finally decided on Elisabeth's name. Stephen and I had both talked about the name and how we liked it, but watching the movie made me commit to it. I just love the historical significance the name has, both real and fictional, and think it is classic and timeless. I hope she likes it too one day! It also just occurred to me that Jane is the name of her older sister in the book/movie. While our Jane is after Mimi's middle name, I like that the two names are similar in their style.

No comments:
Post a Comment