I am writing this post in retrospect. This is actually my very first day at home with 3 kids by myself! So far Elisabeth and I have been to two separate Easter parties at school, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. She was so good both times! I successfully managed to get 3 kids and all their gear home from school and in bed for naps. Silence is truly wonderful!
Elisabeth spent the first few days of her life in the very same hospital room. She left a few times at night to go to the nursery in between feedings so Stephen and I could try to get some sleep. I didn’t leave the room the entire time! Not because I wasn’t feeling well. This was my easiest delivery and recovery! I have been doing great the whole time and never needed to take anything stronger than a Motrin! Elisabeth looked wonderful our entire stay in the hospital. She ate well and had plenty of wet and poopy diapers. When we left the hospital she weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces.
We did run into one small issue. She must have swallowed a lot of amniotic fluid during her delivery. The doctor told us that babies who deliver very quickly typically don’t have a chance to get it out. So she had several episodes of spitting up that were kind of scary for Stephen and me. She also had the fluid in her ears, which caused her to fail her hearing test at first. Thankfully, she passed the hearing test on our third day in the hospital and stopped spitting up!
Our second day in the hospital we spent a lot of time feeding and cuddling. It was so nice to have that special bonding time with her. I tried to soak in every minute of it, knowing once we got home those moments would not be nearly as frequent. She loved our snuggle time just as much as I did and would always snuggle in to sleep. Pure joy!
We also had more visitors on our second day! My wonderful friends, Michelle and Julie, stopped by to visit with us for a while. I was so excited for Elisabeth to meet them and to have some time to catch up. Elisabeth was great the whole visit as she was held by everyone. We both loved having the visitors!
Mimi, Abbie and Carter also stopped by to see their little sister. It was so fun to see them each day. I missed them a lot and was sad when they had to leave! Abbie loved holding her little sister again, while Carter played Abbie’s new LeapPad the entire time.
On our last day in the hospital we packed up and waited for everyone to be discharged by the doctors. We were finally ready to leave around 2:00. I was so excited to be going home and to have our whole family together.
Elisabeth’s First Time Outside!
Elisabeth’s First Car Ride!
We arrived home to a quiet house, with only Mimi and Bailey waiting to greet us. Abbie and Carter were taking naps. Of course, neither of them had been sick for months and now we came home to Abbie with a sinus infection and Carter with an ear infection. Welcome home to reality, Mommy and Daddy! Abbie and Carter were very excited when they woke up to find us all home and we have been loving our crazy life ever since! Welcome home, Elisabeth!

2 comments:
Awww! I'm crying just reading all of this. She looks like such a sweet baby and Abbie and Carter look so happy. I'm so glad you guys are home and enjoying the time. I can't believe you've already been up to their school to parties! I guess you can't stop life like we did with the first one :) Miss you
What a blessing she is to your family! Happy for you. And you look amazing already :)
Post a Comment