Elisabeth’s first few days at home were spent mostly around the house while we were all trying to figure out our “new” normal. Abbie and Carter have both adjusted really well to having a baby sister. I am so proud of both of them! Abbie is still thrilled to have a little sister. She loves to hold her and give her lots of attention. Her face just lights up when she sees her in the morning. It is so sweet! Carter has also done really well with the change. He is not overly affectionate like Abbie, but definitely has his sweet moments. Today as we were reading books before nap time, I was holding Elisabeth with Carter on one side of me and Abbie on the other as we sat on the sofa. Carter just gently started stroking Elisabeth’s head. It just melted my heart! I know he loves his baby sister.
Elisabeth has been doing very well at home! She is still a little jaundiced, but not to a level we need to worry about. She is sleeping very well in her bassinet. So far she is a very relaxed baby who is easily calmed and does not cry very much, unless she needs something. We all love you so much, Elisabeth, and are so happy to finally have you home with all of us!
Elisabeth loves to have her hands close to her face and frequently holds them like this. I think she looks so sweet!
Thank goodness for the Miracle Blanket! I think swaddling Elisabeth definitely helps her sleep. I don’t think she would sleep nearly as well if not swaddled! She moves her arms around too much and would wake herself up!
That little toy was a gift from our friends Shannon and Gracie. Thanks girls! Abbie loves to give it to Elisabeth. I will frequently find that she has put it in strategic places. The other day I walked in to find it in her bed. I love that she is so thoughtful toward her baby sister!

1 comment:
Awww! She is so darn cute. She just fits in right? So, having #3 easier than #2? Glad you are all doing good!!
Post a Comment