We are counting down the final hours as a family of four (well five with Bailey, of course)! Hopefully everything will go well and tomorrow will be Elisabeth’s birthday and we will be a family of five!
It has been nice to have these last few days to get things done and enjoy some fun family time. We spent the weekend cleaning, grocery shopping, stocking up at Walmart, etc. We also had some fun time with Abbie and Carter. We had fun evenings at the playground followed by ice cream and went to Old Macdonald’s Farm on Sunday. I thought it would be a great day to go because the kids love it and it is also rapidly approaching the time of year where it will be too hot to go.
Abbie and Carter loved feeding all the animals, especially the deer, and riding horses. Carter got to ride his very favorite horse, Cocoa, twice! We finished our fun time there with play time in the sand and on the playground, followed by a ride on the train. The kids had so much fun, and it was so nice to enjoy the special time with them outside on a beautiful day.
We came home and rested and then went out to dinner with my family to celebrate Stephen’s birthday. The kids were so excited and it was a great way to end our last relaxing day as a family of four!
Here is our last picture, just the four of us. Looking back I remember how nervous I was the day before Carter’s birthday. I was worried about how it would affect Abbie to no longer be an only child. I do not have any of those concerns this time. I know for sure that our family will be so blessed to have Elisabeth in it and that Abbie and Carter will love having a baby sister, maybe not all the time, but most of the time! I am so excited to meet Elisabeth for the first time and hold her and see what she looks like. For some reason, I don’t really feel nervous right now. I don’t think it has really hit me yet that tomorrow will, hopefully, be her birthday. I have been so busy getting things ready and making sure things go smoothly for Abbie and Carter that I haven’t really had a chance to think about it too much, which I think is a good thing. I just pray that the delivery goes smoothly and she arrives healthy and happy. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment