Monday, March 19, 2012

Elisabeth Update 38+ Weeks

I had another appointment this morning. Elisabeth is still doing well. I haven’t really had any more long periods of contractions but am now at 3 cm. I still don’t think she is going to come any time soon! I just don’t feel like anything is happening. I guess I could always be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she stays in there a while longer. Little stinker! As excited as I am for her to be here, I guess it has been nice that she has waited so we could celebrate Abbie’s birthday. I am glad that Abbie has been able to have this special time of turning 5 without being overshadowed by the arrival of her baby sister. I guess Elisabeth could always decide to arrive tomorrow on her sister’s actual birthday! Now that would be crazy!

I was hoping to get on the hospital schedule to be induced on Monday, 3/26, but the schedule was full. Now we are trying again for Tuesday, 3/27. I will find out tomorrow morning if we got on it. My doctor said this morning that if we didn’t get on the schedule we would move to plan B, although she didn’t say what that might be and I have no idea, other than to just wait Elisabeth out!

I have been staying really busy just sticking with our usual schedule, as well as trying to keep up with cleaning, laundry, etc. just in case. On the one hand, it is kind of overwhelming to think that at any minute you could go into labor and be having a baby a short time later. On the other hand, I am “fortunate” to be so busy with everything else we have going on that I don’t really have much time to think about it!

For now we are just waiting to see when she wants to make her big debut! She has two chances to share a birthday this week. Abbie’s is tomorrow and Stephen’s is on Thursday! Or I guess we could always end up with our April Fool’s baby after all!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for the update! I have been checking in to see how you are doing. can't wait to hear the good news! And Happy Birthday tomorrow, Abbie!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the update! I've been checking in to see how things are going. can't wait to hear the good news! And happy Birthday tomorrow Abbie!