Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine’s Parties at School

Both kids celebrated Valentine’s Day with parties at school on Monday since they don’t go to school on Tuesday.  It was a hectic day for sure!  Sunday I spent time making pink, heart-shaped rice krispie treats for them to pass out to their friends while Stephen helped them work on decorating valentines.  Abbie wrote each of her classmates name on the valentine and then created a picture just for them.  Stephen told Carter how to spell each of his classmate’s names, which he then “wrote” down and then he decorated the valentine.  I think all of the valentines turned out so cute!

IMG_5148nIMG_5149nIMG_5150n

I spent most of Monday at school for the parties.  First was Carter’s party at 11:30.  They fit their party in after lunch but before naps.  The kids decorated party hats, made heart sun catchers and decorated cookies.  Carter seemed to have a great time!

IMG_5151nIMG_5152nIMG_5155nIMG_5156nIMG_5161nIMG_5163n

After a quick run to the grocery store (I had even thought ahead to bring a cooler for my cold things…I don’t mess around with my time on school days!), I went back to school at 1:00 for Abbie’s party.  The kids made valentine holders, had cupcakes and passed out their valentine’s.  Abbie loved when it was her turn to pass out her valentine’s!  It was a fun day!

IMG_5166nIMG_5167nIMG_5168nIMG_5169nIMG_5171nIMG_5173n

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

They both look adorable. Gracie loved the valentines she got in the mail from them! Love Abbie's dress too. Very grown up!