First, here are links to a few posts that I have gone back to update. I still have Carter’s birthday party and the kids’ Valentine’s Day parties at school do to as well. Look for those later in the week!
Lately we have been trying to get all the miscellaneous things done that we have been putting off forever. I told Stephen, there is nothing like having a baby or selling our house to motivate me to get things done! Here is what we have been up to!
- Spring Cleaning! Yes, we finally got around to doing some of the cleaning we have been putting off forever! My extremely sweet husband cleaned the baseboards and behind the refrigerator and washer/dryer. Thank you Stephen! I cleaned all the blinds and cabinets with Mr. Clean. It feels so great now that those things are done! (I doubt that will happen again for a few years!)
- New Mattress. Stephen and I bought a king-sized mattress about 6 years ago when we got a bigger bed. We have slept on the same sides those entire 6 years. Somehow, my side had a giant hole where I slept! I mean really, Stephen is at least twice my size and his side was fine! Finally I got around to going back to the mattress store to talk to them about it. They sent someone out who measured the hole and found that I had been sleeping in a 2 inch hole! No wonder my back hurt and it was practically impossible to get out of bed! So Sunday they delivered our new replacement mattress since ours had a “manufacturer defect”. Hooray!
- The Dentist. The kids both went in for their 6-month cleanings last week. They both did great and got a clean report. Yay for no cavities!
- New TVs! After putting it off for a while, we finally went ahead and put a TV in the upstairs playroom. I found some great storage and media furniture on clearance after Christmas at CompanyKids and all we had to do was move the TV from our bedroom upstairs. We had a fairly big TV (40”) in our bedroom that my grandma gave us when she moved in with my parents. So now the kids are all set up there! My grandma was so sweet to give us money to buy a smaller one for our room (you know, for when we are watching 80s reruns on Nick at Nite during those middle of the night feedings). Thank you, Grandmere!
Today, we went to ballet and swimming and now we are just getting stuff done around the house. Well, the kids are destroying the playroom while I am going through Abbie’s old baby clothes and washing them for Elisabeth. I remember all the old clothes like she was just wearing them yesterday, even though it has been 5 years now!

No comments:
Post a Comment