This morning I took the kids to The Children’s Museum because Sid the Science Kid was there taking pictures. Thanks to PBS’ constant reminders that he would be there, Abbie would not let me forget! We got up early, and the kids and I made the hour drive to the museum. We arrived right when it opened, and it was so crowded already that we barely found a place to park! Then we had to wait in a long line in the cold to just get inside to buy our tickets. Ugh. I knew right away that this was not going to be a very fun day for me! The museum was packed! I don’t know if it was because of Sid, or the multiple birthday parties (Not that I was planning to, but I made a mental note that day to never have a birthday party there. It probably costs a fortune and it was way too crowded to even have fun!) but we could barely make it through the crowds of people. Our first stop was the line to see Sid. I was not going to miss that since it was our main reason for going! We had to wait in line for a while but they both did fairly well. We finally made it to the front and had our turn for a picture! I was a little worried Carter wasn’t going to be in, but he jumped in at the last second. Success!
Next, we just wandered the museum and I let the kids just do whatever they wanted. They loved the little grocery store and vet office, as usual. They also made microphones like Sid’s. A few activities and several bathroom trips later, we were done with the museum and headed to Mimi and Bebe’s house. Stephen and Bailey were meeting us there, and then my mom and I were headed to a little baby shower! As tiring as the museum was, I am glad we went. The kids had a great time!

No comments:
Post a Comment