Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day! Here are two of my little valentine’s.


IMG_5213nIMG_5214nIMG_5215n


Our morning started off with a visit from Cupid! He brought them each a sticky note pad, M&Ms, flip flops for Spring and jump ropes. How did he know just what they wanted?!? I accidentally slipped while talking to Abbie. She was trying to get her new flip flops on over her footie pj’s. I assured her that I had bought the right size. Oops! She said she thought Cupid had brought them! I had to quickly cover by saying that parents have a secret way to communicate with Cupid, and I had given him her shoe size. Why does she have to pay such close attention to the things I say sometimes?! It is getting very difficult to keep up with those sorts of things!


Next it was off to ballet. After ballet, our friends Arabella and Chloe invited us to their house for a Valentine’s Day party. Their mom, Molly, threw quite a party! The table was set for all the girls (poor Carter was the only little boy with 6 little girls) with red aprons, art supplies, punch, candy, etc. The kids all had a great time!


IMG_5176nIMG_5178nIMG_5179nIMG_5180nIMG_5181nIMG_5187nIMG_5184nIMG_5185n


Once the official party activities were finished, the kids went upstairs to play. It was little girl heaven in the playroom! (Arabella and Chloe are about to get a little brother, which I am sure will change some of that!) Abbie and the other girls played with babies for a while. Abbie also followed little Caroline around. She is going to be such a sweet big sister. Carter liked playing with a Barbie vet center.


IMG_5189nIMG_5188nIMG_5192n


Next they all went outside to play. It was still wet and muddy from the rain the day before. Somehow Carter, the only boy, ended up being completely wet and muddy. I am not kidding! None of the girls had a thing on their pretty clothes, but Carter was a mess and they were all playing the same things! I think boys are just a magnet to water and dirt.


IMG_5194nIMG_5197nIMG_5201nIMG_5202n


After such a fun party, we came home for some long naps. I had to wake them both up at 4:45! We met Daddy at Chili’s for Valentine’s Day dinner. They were both excited for the special treat since we don’t usually eat out during the week. What a fun Valentine’s Day!


IMG_5220nIMG_5221n

No comments: