I think Elisabeth’s room is finally done! It feels so good to be finished. I know that both Abbie and Carter’s rooms were not this complete before they were born! I guess I just know that things are going to be CRAZY once she arrives, and I will never have more spare time (HA!) than I do right now. Stephen and I both agreed that it felt so strange to be standing in her finished room last night. It is still hard to believe sometimes that there will be another little one growing up in that room!
I tried to pick things that I thought would work in her room for a long time, rather than coordinating specifically with the crib bedding. I imagine she will eventually want a pink room like her sister, so I decided to go ahead and do pink and green accents.
Both Abbie and Carter have their names hanging above their bed. I knew I wanted to do the same for Elisabeth, but with 9 letters and no definitive nickname, I knew it could get very costly. I found these very inexpensive letters on Etsy and think they turned out so cute!
I am not the most crafty person in the world, and really am not that into decorating either. I did make time to do a few things for Elisabeth’s room, however. I bought a bunch of frames when they were on sale and some cheap, white mats at Walmart which I then covered in fabric to coordinate with the room. I wanted to go ahead and hang them so that all I have to do once she has pictures taken is slip them in the frames, but I didn’t want to have empty frames hanging on the wall so I had the kids each make art for their baby sister. I think they turned out so cute! (Sorry there is no picture of Carter’s “scribble scrabble” as he calls it. Just picture blue and yellow scribbles!) I also made her a bulletin board like the ones I made for Abbie and Carter with a matching frame.
Overall, I am very pleased with how her room turned out! It feels very happy and warm in her room, which is perfect for a nursery. I am also very glad that it is finished!

2 comments:
It looks great!! She'll be here before you know it :)
Very cute. Everything looks so sweet!!
Post a Comment