Thursday, February 23, 2012

Carter’s 3rd Birthday Party!

This year we had Carter’s birthday party at The Little Gym.  He chose a Thomas the Train theme.  This was Carter’s first year to have a big birthday party (in the past we have done small family/close friends parties) and we were so excited that a lot of Carter and Abbie’s friends could join us for the fun!

TLG was such a great place to have the party.  I just dropped off a box of party supplies a few days before and they had everything set up when we arrived.  It was perfect!  We had a Thomas the Train cake and some cupcakes I made just in case we ran out of cake, goldfish and pretzels and balloons!

IMG_4922nIMG_4924nIMG_4925nIMG_4927nIMG_4928nIMG_4929nIMG_4930nIMG_4978n

Carter DID NOT want to go into the big room with all of the gymnastics equipment at first.  All the kids were in there playing and he was standing by the door saying he wanted to go home!  I think he was just overwhelmed that all of the attention was on him.  He is very shy, and I just think it took him a while to warm up to the idea of having a party that was all about him!  Once we got him into the room, he had the best time!  All of the kids did.  They played games and used the gymnastics equipment.  Everyone was smiling and having fun the whole time!

IMG_4947nIMG_4936nIMG_4935nIMG_4939nIMG_4941nIMG_4943nIMG_4944nIMG_4946nIMG_4951nIMG_4952nIMG_4953nIMG_4931nIMG_4954nIMG_4955nIMG_4956nIMG_4958nIMG_4959nIMG_4960nIMG_4962nIMG_4966nIMG_4967nIMG_4968nIMG_4969nIMG_4974nIMG_4983n

After the kids were done playing, we all went into the party room for cake and snacks!  Carter loved it when we all sang “Happy Birthday” to him. 

IMG_4993nIMG_4997nIMG_4998nIMG_4999nIMG_5001nIMG_5003nIMG_5004n

What a fun and special day for our big three year old!  He had a GREAT time at his party and still talks about TLG.  I am so happy that he had such a memorable day.  We love you, Carter!

No comments: