Today was a cold and rainy morning. We all had a hard time getting going. We had to quickly drop Abbie off at school if we had any hope of making it to SoccerTots by 9:30. As we were about to turn into school at 9:11 (11 minutes late at that point), I told the kids to hope we made it in time for carline because 1) I did not look forward to dragging all of us into school in the pouring down rain and 2) we would never make it to soccer if we weren’t able to quickly drop Abbie off. I was a little worried at first since I did not see any cars still in carline. However, we all cheered when we saw that there were still two people standing at carline waiting to take Abbie in to school. As I was about to drive away, I heard Abbie say to them “My mom’s wish came true.” with a big smile on her face. Now I am always a little worried when we are out and Abbie starts talking to someone. I just never know what is going to come out of her mouth! She will talk to anyone, strangers at a doctor’s office, the cashier at Target, and I just never know what sort of information she is going to divulge to people. Anyway, so I had to wait there before driving off to see what my “wish” was! She told them that I had been wishing we would make it in time for carline, to which they both laughed. I just smiled as I pulled away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment