Things around here have not slowed down at all! Saturday we celebrated Abbie’s birthday by having a party with her friends at an indoor playground place, Wonderwild. I planned the party a long time ago knowing that I needed to have her party early enough so that I was still able to do all the work required. Even though her party was about a month before her birthday, she had the best time! Almost all of her friends were able to make it to her party and everyone had a blast playing. I was so happy that she got to have her special day with her friends and everything worked out perfectly. We will still celebrate her actual birthday with a little family party (and possibly a little sister)!
I was so relieved to have had a successful party and told myself I would rest once it was over. Ha! After getting out all of Abbie’s old clothes and the old baby things and cleaning out the guest room, I realized we had a lot of things that we don’t need and just don’t have room to store. I had heard about a consignment sale this week and decided we should do it. What was I thinking?!? Oh well, we were just going to donate everything anyway and still will donate what doesn’t sell, but I figured we could use whatever little money we might happen to make for things we need. It has taken a lot of sorting, organizing, tagging, etc. but I think I am finally done. Tonight is the drop-off, and I am honestly most excited about just having this stuff out of my house/garage!
In between all of this, we have still been going on with our normal routine. Abbie had ballet yesterday and both kids had swimming. Stephen was even able to stop by and see them swimming (one of the many benefits to working so close to home)! They loved seeing him there and both did really well at their lessons.
Today the kids both had school and I went to get my hair cut in between tagging. It was the first time I had cut my hair in literally almost a year! I just have not really found anyone since we have moved here, and I just never made the time to try to find someone. I think I did find someone I like now which is so nice. She cut it in really cute layers, and I really like it. However, it is so hot today that it was already in a pony tail an hour later! Oh well. I am looking forward to getting some highlights for the first time in years a little closer to summer! After school Emma came over to play. All the kids had fun as usual. Now the house is somewhat quiet again and I am trying to rest. Sitting and blogging at the computer is about as restful as I get these days!

No comments:
Post a Comment