The Monday after Carter’s birthday was his day to celebrate at school. There are so many kids in his class who have birthdays at the same time that I had to schedule a “special day” for him!
Although I was completely over the whole birthday thing by Monday, not to mention exhausted, I still came home from dropping the kids off to quickly make some more cupcakes. Those cupcakes must have been very fresh because I was icing them right before I took them to school!
Carter wanted to continue his Thomas the Train party theme so I brought Thomas cupcakes, plates, napkins and apple juice. Carter was so excited to see me walk into the classroom with all the goodies! He proudly announced to all the other students that his mommy had brought cupcakes for his birthday.
First we all sang “Happy Birthday” to him. He was so happy! He loved wearing his special birthday hat. The teachers said he would get shy when other teachers would wish him happy birthday in the hall.
Then it was time for cupcakes! The kids all loved the special treat, and I loved being able to share the special time with Carter. As tired as I was and the fact that I did not feel like making more cupcakes that morning completely faded from my mind seeing how happy he was. Such a special day!

No comments:
Post a Comment