Monday, February 16, 2009

On Our Own

Today was our very first day on our own, just the four of us (including Bailey!). I would be lying if I said the idea of being home alone with two children under two didn't scare me! Fortunately, we had a great day! We had a relaxing morning playing at home. Well, Abbie and I played and Carter mostly just ate and slept. I did get out Abbie's old playmat. As soon as I put Carter down, Abbie had to be on the mat, too. She had more fun playing with it today than she ever did as a baby. Carter just laid there trying to avoid Abbie. Later, Abbie and I ate lunch while Carter relaxed in his chair just looking around. Then it was time for me to pack everyone up and head to the doctor. Of course, right as we were preparing to leave Carter spit up. As I was in our room changing his clothes and diaper, I noticed that Abbie was being very quiet in the other room. I heard her say "poo-poo" and turned to see her walking into our room in with NO pants or diaper on! I had visions of poop somewhere in the house! Thankfully, I have searched the whole house and not found any poop. Why do things like that always happen when you need to be somewhere! After a quick trip to the doctor, Abbie came home and took a nap while I fed Carter. After her nap, it was time to play a little more. By the time Daddy came home, we were all still happy! As we were getting ready to put Abbie to bed, we realized Carter had a major poopy diaper blowout! I am sure those of you with older kids miss those! So we had to give Carter a bath IMMEDIATELY! I will be cleaning clothes the rest of the night. I think some might never be clean again. I must have blocked all of Abbie's moments like this from my memory. After cleaning him up, I did remind Steve that we are done having children! Overall, it was a great first day with my two wonderful babies. I am waiting for a disaster tomorrow!

3 comments:

Abbi said...

Biz Baby works great! I got a plastic trashcan, pour some Biz Baby in it and just enough water to cover whatever I need to soak and let it soak for a few days. I've been able to get EVERYTHING out: poop, carrots, everything!

He's a cutie!

Michelle said...

Lindsay...LOVED hearing about your great successful, happy day! Way to go!! Really enjoyed all the pictures of your beautiful children! You can never take too many! We are always thinking about your blessed family! Take care!

Wendy said...

I love the first picture! So glad your day went well!

Soaking in Oxyclean also works wonders!