Monday, December 1, 2008

We're Back!

We are back from our big Thanksgiving trip to Houston! We all had a wonderful time. Thank you Mimi and BeBe for putting up with all of us for a week! I am sure they both miss the sounds of Abbie calling their name throughout the house.

We arrived home late Saturday night. I drove Abbie and Bailey home in our car while Stephen drove a Penske truck back. Thank you Stephen! I know he said he would never drive one again, after having driven us all the way from DC to LA and then back to Dallas in one. However, Great Grandma and Grandpa Carter were so generous and offered to give Abbie their piano. I was very excited to have it for many reasons. I took piano lessons as a child and would love for Abbie to learn to play as well. It will be even more special for her to play their piano. Thank you both so much! She already loves to "play" it and likes to have me sit and play with her.
We also brought back with us the white iron bed I had growing up. Thank you Mimi and BeBe! I think it will be so wonderful to have Abbie grow up using the same bed that I did. Since she will have to give up her crib soon to Carter, we figured we better bring the bed back with us now.

So we all made the trip back Saturday night. Thankfully, we all made it safe and sound! Abbie and Bailey both slept the whole way! Now we are looking forward to having everyone to our house at Christmas. Then Carter will arrive...

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

How nice and fun to have forever! Abbie needs to learn to play and teach Gracie too!

Michelle said...

Lindsay...love all the recent posts! So happy your whole family had a wonderful time at Thanksgiving! Missed seeing you while in town...hopefully we can get together another time!