Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Fun with Playgroup

This morning, Wendy bravely invited 6 toddlers into her home to decorate Christmas cookies. We all had so much fun! First, there was time to play. As usual, Abbie was the most laid back one, just like her Daddy (definitely not like me!). Well, laid back may not be exactly the right word. She is the least forceful when it comes to playing with toys. She lets other kids come right up and take something out of her hand, yet looks upset when they do! Not that I want her to be a pushy, take-everything kid by any means! However, I hate to see her get her feelings hurt when this happens. Hopefully one day she will learn the "rules" of the playground. Here are some of the happier, sharing moments with her friends.

Abbie put every ball Griffin had into my lap!

Searching for more balls with Ella.

Cooking with cute Travis!

Shopping with Emily.

The ever adorable Griffin!


After play time, it was time to decorate cookies. Wendy had already made a million sugar cookies. Thank you Wendy! We all had the fun part of decorating them! Abbie wasn't sure if she wanted to eat the cookies. She ended up only taking one bite. I am not worried though! I am sure the love of all things sugar will kick in one day! She did have fun decorating them and making a mess with the sprinkles.


Hmmm...Do I want to try one?

Taking a bite out of Frosty. She heard Frosty the Snowman on the radio this morning and is now obsessed. Since then, she is constantly saying "Frosty", wanting for me to sing the song. Fun until the 50th time.

Could she possibly hold the cookies with fewer fingers? This is how she holds something when she is not sure if she likes it.

The finished cookies that we brought home for Daddy.

No comments: