Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Trip to the Zoo

Today Aunt Maggie and I took Abbie to the Ft. Worth Zoo while Daddy went golfing with a friend. It was her second trip to the zoo, and she loved every minute of it! Her first trip to the zoo was around her 1st birthday. This time was even more fun since she recognized many of the animals and could tell us about her day. I imagine her favorite part of the day was all of the walking around she got to do! I knew she would want to walk when she saw all of the other children, so I brought along her "backpack". It was her first time to use it, and she did really well! She was content to wear it since she knew it was the only way I would let her walk and not ride in the stroller. I am amazed at how far she walked! She walked almost the entire zoo!

Our first stop was to see the rhinos. They were very active this morning and were running around in circles! She loved watching them but was a little afraid when they would run in her direction.




She kept telling us she wanted to see the elephants. I was a little surprised since she really doesn't like them. Anytime she sees one on TV she comes running to mommy, yet she always points them out whenever she sees a picture of one! Here she is checking out an elephant. Notice that Aunt Maggie had to hold her to see the elephants.

Walking all around the zoo was very tiring for me! I never would have been able to take Abbie by myself. Thank you so much for coming with us Aunt Maggie!


We saw a mommy lion with her four adorable cubs. Abbie loved watching the little cubs play with each other.

By this time I definitely need to sit and was starving. We all made our way to the surprisingly nice (for a zoo) restaurant and ate our lunch. Abbie loved watching all of the other children around her age.

On our way to lunch we had passed the train. She kept asking for the "choo-choo", so I told her we would ride it after lunch. She loved sitting on it but got scared as we first started to move. Sitting in my lap made the ride much less scary, and she was fine for the rest of the ride.

Before we left, we made a quick trip to see the monkeys and the elephants again. On the way out we stopped to see the flamingos. Abbie, however, was more interested in the ducks swimming nearby! Go figure!

We all had a very good time at the zoo. The zoo is beautiful, and the weather could not have been more perfect! I can't wait for the next time we go to the zoo. Hopefully Daddy will finally go with us! I know he loved golfing, but I think he was sad he missed all of the fun at the zoo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the way Abbie love the zoo. Maybe the next time we see her she might want to go to the Zoo in Washington DC



Love Rachel