Friday, December 21, 2012

Adventures in Ice Skating

Today we continued our annual Christmas tradition of ice skating!  (We had to miss it last year since I was pregnant with Elisabeth.)  The kids were so excited to go on this beautiful Friday afternoon!

Abbie did very well this year.  She still had to use the stand, but she was much sturdier on her feet this year and had a great time skating around the rink on her own.
IMG_9086nIMG_9092n
Carter, on the other hand, was a disaster on the ice!  I could hardly let go of him because he would immediately fall over.  I am not really surprised.  The poor boy trips over his own two feet while just walking!  I don’t think ice skating will ever be that easy for him.  He was just not sturdy and wanted so badly to keep up with Abbie.
IMG_9071nIMG_9099n
Don’t let the picture above fool you, most of his time was spent like this!
IMG_9101n
A big highlight of the afternoon was sitting on the bench and eating popcorn.  I think they had just as much fun doing this!  Oh well.  Looking forward to next year!
IMG_9085n

No comments: