Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Carter is 6 Months!

My baby is half a year old today! I can’t believe how fast the past six months have gone by. I remember his birth day just like it was yesterday. He is still my sweet, laid-back little boy. As fast as the past six months have gone by, it is hard to remember our family without him anymore! He completes our little family, and we all just adore him! Here are some of the latest things that he is up to.

  • He is no longer content to just watch Abbie play…he wants to play too! When he is sitting in my lap while Abbie is running around I can tell he is just dying to be out there running with her! He is never still. He loves to roll all over the playroom. He will roll until he runs into one of Abbie’s toys to play with. I can tell he rolls with a purpose. I have noticed him eye a specific toy and then eventually roll his way over to it! I think crawling is a ways off because he is very content with rolling as his method of movement. He can also “tripod” sit (with his hands on the ground for support) very well now. When Abbie comes near him with a toy he tries to grab it out of her hands! She was carrying around a little cup of goldfish the other day and gave it to me when they were all gone. Carter, who was sitting in my lap, immediately wanted to play with her cup and took it from me! I think he sees her playing with and holding these things all day long and is just waiting for a chance to get them!
  • He still sleeps on his tummy. A lot of the time he sleeps with his knees tucked up, little bottom in the air, and feet crossed! It is the cutest thing I have ever seen! If my flash wouldn’t wake him up, I would take a picture. Maybe one of these days.
  • He is still waking up once a night to eat. Given his current low weight, we are still feeding him as much as he wants, whenever he wants. However, the days of night feedings are numbered! One of these days we are going to stop feeding him. Abbie had already dropped her night feeding by now.
  • He is still a good napper. I think he knows how happy it makes his mommy! He will occasionally have a short, 45-minute nap, but most of the time he is still sleeping 1 1/2 to 2 hours twice a day.
  • He may weight less than 17 pounds, but this boy is still BIG! He has moved up to Size 3 diapers! They look just like Abbie’s which is making things a lot more confusing! He is already wearing 9 months clothes and could be in 12 month clothes soon!
  • He has started eating solid foods! So far, he has had rice cereal, prunes and sweet potatoes. He seems to tolerate all three, but was not gobbling them down. He got the idea of eating right away and pulls the bowl and spoon toward him.

I know that next six months are going to be full of BIG changes! I am looking forward to crawling and standing, finger foods and, hopefully, his first words! The next few weeks are going to be big ones for him as he starts Gymboree and swim lessons! We love you so much, Carter. Before we know it (or mommy is ready for it), we will be celebrating your first birthday!

IMG_4234n IMG_4237n IMG_4245nIMG_4246n

No comments: