The kids know exactly where Mimi’s classroom is and have fun walking through the school.
Abbie and Carter had a great time in Mimi’s room as usual. She has buckets of markers and crayons and loads of paper, what’s not to like! The kids played a while and then Bebe arrived and we all headed to the cafeteria.
(Carter just adores his Mimi! He is always right by her side. He frequently says he would rather live with Mimi. Stephen and I jokingly tell him he is more than welcome to. Ha!)
Abbie was really nervous as we walked in to the cafeteria. She even made Bebe carry her! I was shocked by her reaction. I thought she would love it, but I think it was a little overwhelming. Hopefully the first day of school goes a little better. Eventually everyone sat down and we ate our lunch.
(Carter’s shirt is soaked! He has a nervous habit of chewing on his shirts. So annoying! It is as bad as a teething baby! Chewing his shirt has seemed to replace his nail biting for now.)
After lunch we walked by the gym and watched the kids playing Alamo, basically just dodge ball with mats standing up to hide behind. The PE coach asked Abbie if she wanted to play (she was significantly taller than some of the kindergartners!), but she didn’t want to. We also went to visit a kindergarten room. I think she felt a little more comfortable once she realized it looked a lot like her room in preschool, just bigger.
We said goodbye to Mimi and Bebe and then left for our long car ride home. Fortunately, everyone took naps! We had such a fun day and are sad we won’t get to visit Mimi at school anymore, but more excited to have her home to play with us more!

No comments:
Post a Comment