Monday, May 21, 2012

The Last Day of School

Today was the last day of school for Abbie and Carter!  It was a crazy morning but I had to make sure and take some last day of school pictures!
IMG_3002n
First Day of School
IMG_6211n
Last Day of School
IMG_6209n
They both are getting so big!!
IMG_2995n
Abbie’s First Day of Pre-K
IMG_6204n
Abbie’s Last Day of Pre-K
IMG_2999n
Carter’s First Day of Two’s Class
IMG_6221n
Carter’s Last Day of Two’s Class
IMG_6205nIMG_6216nIMG_6222n
Abbie and Carter were so excited for the last day of school!  The day started out with fun songs during Chapel.  Then the kids went back to their classes to receive their certificates of completion.  After that it was time for what they had been looking forward to, Water Day!!

Bebe came up to school today to help me take care of Elisabeth while I frantically ran around between Abbie and Carter’s classes trying not to miss anything!  Thank you Bebe!  Elisabeth spent most of the day in her car seat.  She stayed awake for a little while during Chapel before falling asleep for most of the morning.  Sweet girl! 
IMG_6230n
Abbie and Carter loved Chapel time with their friends.  I enjoyed getting to see them sing all of the little songs they learned during the year.  Both of them were really into singing the songs!
IMG_6226nIMG_6228nIMG_6233nIMG_6234nIMG_6247nIMG_6237n
After chapel it was time to receive their certificates! 

Carter had a great year in the Ladybugs!  He has learned and grown so much over the last year!  He is talking up a storm, knows his letter, numbers, colors and shapes, and is a very happy boy!  He made some good friends in his class and loved his teachers, Ms. Anne-Marie and Ms. Jill.
IMG_6250nIMG_6252nIMG_6253nIMG_6717
Abbie had a wonderful year in the Butterflies!  I can’t believe it was her last year of preschool!  She greatly improved her writing skills and is starting to read sight words.  She learned a lot and is ready for Kindergarten in the Fall.  More importantly, she had so much fun at school each day with all of her friends!  She also really loved her teachers, Ms. Kelley and Ms. Karina.
IMG_6200nIMG_6260nIMG_6257nIMG_6259nIMG_6716
It was a good thing their rooms were right across the hall from each other because I was running back and forth between their rooms trying not to miss anything!!  I guess it was also a good thing I was so preoccupied, otherwise I probably would have cried during Abbie’s little graduation ceremony.  I can’t believe her preschool days are over!
Next it was time for the real fun to begin at Water Day!  The kids quickly changed into their swimsuits, slathered on sunscreen and bug spray, and headed outside for the fun!  I took a bunch of pictures while I was running between the two classes as they rotated through the activities.  It is SO not easy having three kids and trying to be there for all of them all the time!  Thank goodness for my dad watching Elisabeth!  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the fun day!
IMG_6264nIMG_6268nIMG_6271nIMG_6272nIMG_6273nIMG_6274nIMG_6276nIMG_6280nIMG_6281nIMG_6285nIMG_6286nIMG_6287nIMG_6289nIMG_6296nIMG_6298nIMG_6304nIMG_6305nIMG_6307nIMG_6311nIMG_6313nIMG_6315nIMG_6317nIMG_6320nIMG_6322nIMG_6325nIMG_6326n
They enjoyed a lunch of hot dogs and chips with their friends once all the water fun was finished.  After that, it was time to head home.  Abbie and Carter were both a little sad to be leaving school.  I know they both had so much fun this year and will miss seeing their friends each day.  It was a great day to end a wonderful year of school!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

So cute. I'd say they both grew so much from the first day!!