Saturday, May 5, 2012

Abbie’s Soccer Game

This morning was Abbie’s second soccer game.  I missed the first one to stay home with Elisabeth.  Stephen made sure to give me all the details.  I called during the game and he told me she was playing goalie.  I couldn’t believe it!  Goalie is the absolute last place I would have put Abbie.  I just couldn’t see her trying very hard to stop a ball.  When he told me Abbie's team lost the game 3-0 the first thing I said was , “Oh no, were all the goals scored on Abbie?”.  I was surprised and happy when he told me no one scored on her and she even stopped three balls!  So even though her team didn’t win the game, we were all very excited that she played such a great game! 
IMG_5990nIMG_5992nIMG_5994n
This morning I was so excited to finally get to see her play in a game!  Mimi and Bebe came to watch her game, too, and she was so excited we were all there.  She started the game playing defense.  She stayed in her position for a while and then they all eventually started running after the ball.  Her coach moved her to forward next.  About halfway through the game, she had the chance to throw in an out of bounds ball.  She threw it in, and when no one went to kick it, she ran right up and kicked the ball all the way to the goal.  I was so excited for her!  She couldn’t believe she had scored at first and when she realized it she started jumping up and down excitedly.  It was so cute!!  I was so happy she scored a goal.  I was worried she might not score one all season and get disappointed.  Abbie’s team won by a score of 4-0, although I think two of those were kicked in by the other team!  We are all so proud of what a great game she played.  Way to go Abbie!
IMG_6026nIMG_6028nIMG_6029nIMG_6030nIMG_6031nIMG_6032nIMG_6033nIMG_6034nIMG_6036nIMG_6037nIMG_6038nIMG_6041n

No comments: