Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother’s Day 2012

Today was my very first Mother’s Day as a mom of three!  It was not a very restful or relaxing day for me, but no day can really be that way with three small children!  It was a fun day filled with good times with all of my family!

Mimi, Bebe and Grandmere came to our house in the morning.  The kids were very excited to see them and played for a little while why Stephen and I finished getting everything ready to go out to lunch.  Elisabeth loved being held by Mimi for a while!  I attempted to get a picture with all three of my sweet children, which was not easy.  The biggest problem was a little three year old boy who looks like he is in pain when he attempts a smile for a photo.  Oh well.  That’s life these days!
IMG_6143nIMG_6147n
We all went out to lunch at Red Robin.  It was the perfect place!  It was not crowded and was loud enough to drown out the noise of two rambunctious kids and a newborn.  Abbie and Carter were so excited to get their very own chocolate milkshakes for the first time!
IMG_6154nIMG_6155nIMG_6156nIMG_6157nIMG_6159n
This was Elisabeth’s first official time in a restaurant!  (She has been to the mall and on a quick lunch date with Stephen and I but I didn’t have my camera for those outings.)  She slept the whole time!
IMG_6161n
Mimi and I stopped for a quick pic with the older kids outside.
IMG_6164n
Next we went home to open presents!  Abbie and Carter made the sweetest things for me at  school.  I always treasure what they make for me.  They were so proud of their presents and couldn’t wait to give them to me!
IMG_6166nIMG_6167nIMG_6169nIMG_6170nIMG_6177n
Abbie made a book about me, a jewelry box and bracelet.  I love all of them!  She is so sweet!
IMG_6352
Carter made a picture of a bouquet of flowers with his handprints and answered questions about me.  I think the picture of him in his apron and cooking in the class kitchen is priceless!  Love it and him!
IMG_6353IMG_6354
After presents, we relaxed around the house for a little while.  Abbie loved holding Elisabeth.  Carter had the best time with Bebe who was throwing him in the air.
IMG_6179nIMG_6182nIMG_6183n
Once everyone went home, we had a relaxing afternoon.  Stephen and the kids played upstairs while I worked downstairs.  I am the room mom for Abbie’s class and had to make little frames for a class picture as the end of year gift.  Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Mother’s Day, but there is no time to waste these days!  While I was working, the kids got everything ready for a special wedding upstairs.  They were so excited to put on this little show for me.  Abbie wore her ballet shoes and Carter wore her tap shoes.  There was a little ceremony with a ring exchange.  So funny!  Abbie had even arranged guests for the event.  They were so sweet and funny and just made Mother’s Day truly special!  It was a great day!
IMG_6184nIMG_6186nIMG_6187nIMG_6189nIMG_6190nIMG_6191nIMG_6192

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Beautiful pictures! Hope your enjoyed your special day!