Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Day

We had a big day planned. We planned to go to Abbie's weekly swim class and then Carter's first playdate this afternoon! Well, we made it to Abbie's swim class. She had a great time swimming with her friends as usual. I took pictures this week and will post them soon. Unfortunately, Carter's big playdate was cancelled due to swine flu. I was so excited to have found other babies Carter's age to play with. Our neighbors across the street had their first child, Meadow, a few days before Carter arrived. We have been talking frequently, and she was feeling homebound like most new moms do. I had suggested she join the Mommy and Me group at her hospital as a way to meet other new moms and just get out of the house. I also said I was interested in starting a playgroup for Carter with her and to see if any of the moms in her class were interested. Well, we had our first big playdate planned for this afternoon, but amid safety concerns it was cancelled. Two of the babies attend day care part-time, including the house that we were going to today, so the mom thought it was best to postpone. I completely agreed, but was very sad we didn't get to meet! Carter was stuck playing at home with his two big sisters. Oh, and he also found out how fun his feet can be!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

lindsay...carter is growing so big! what a sweetheart! he really favors big sis! loved reading what he is up to at 3 months!