Monday, April 13, 2009

It's The Little Things...

that make me happy. Things like Abbie's dancing and Carter's smile and the miracle that occurred today. I put Carter down for a nap in his crib at 1:00 this afternoon. I figured he would sleep about an hour (that seems to be his max), right about the time I would be putting Abbie down for her 2:00 nap. I put Abbie down at 2:00 and Carter was still asleep. I was so happy thinking I would have a few minutes to get things done. I raced around and did all that I wanted to in about 15 minutes thinking Carter would surely wake up any minute. Well he kept sleeping, and sleeping, and sleeping. He slept for 2 and a half hours in his crib! Yes that's right, in his crib. Not on me, not in the swing, not in his carseat, but in his crib! That was a miracle in itself! But that also meant that I had one and a half glorious hours to my self. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself! I kept thinking at any minute my miracle would end. Even Abbie slept for over an hour and a half which is very good for her. My two nap-hating children showed my that miracles do exist and dreams do come true today! Thank you my little sleeping angels! (I am sure the halos will be off tomorrow!)

3 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Lucky you! I hate that too when it's not expected and you keep thinking it's going to be over in a minute and you get NOTHING done!

Michelle said...

what a great afternoon for you! let's hope they keep this up!! :)

Lauren said...

It's so awesome (and rare!) when naps coincide, isn't it? I'm happy you got some "Mommy" time today!!