Friday, August 3, 2012

Elisabeth’s First Movie

Elisabeth went to the movies for the very first time today!  It was quite the experience!

Michelle and I took all six kids to see Ice Age this morning.  Talk about crazy!  The kids and I went to save seats first thing when we arrived.  Michelle was driving to our town to see the movie, and I knew she might be a little late trying to get 3 kids somewhere that early in the morning.  It was not easy trying to save that many seats in the tiny theater!  I had Carter and Abbie spread out with bags in between.  Once Michelle and her kids arrived, I went out to take my kids to the bathroom and to get Carter his popcorn.  He can’t see a movie without popcorn!  By this time Elisabeth was tired (It was well past nap time.) and already getting hungry again.  I made her a bottle and then took everyone back in the theater to settle in for the movie.  Abbie and Carter had their drinks and snacks and were all set for the rest of the movie (although by the time we were all settled it was probably 20 minutes into the movie!).  That left just Elisabeth for me to try to keep somewhat quiet during the movie.  Although the movie has been in theaters for a month now and we went to the first showing on Friday morning to a kids’ movie.  I really didn’t feel all that bad about trying to keep her completely quiet.  I kind of figured that is what you get at a movie meant for little kids first thing in the morning.   Anyway, I fed Elisabeth her bottle and then she finally fell asleep for most of the rest of the movie.  I could not tell you at all what happened in the first 45 minutes of the movie!  It was pure chaos.  I was able to watch the rest of the movie once Elisabeth fell asleep.  Whew!

After the movie, we attempted to take some pictures of the kids.  I had to get a picture of Elisabeth at her very first movie!
IMG_7414nIMG_7408nIMG_7410n
Here are just a few of the faces Carter gave me while I attempted to take pictures.  I love him but he sure is a handful sometimes!
IMG_7417nIMG_7418nIMG_7420n
We took more pictures outside the theater of all the kids.  I get exhausted just looking at the pictures!
IMG_7421nIMG_7424n
After the movie, we all went to eat lunch at La Madeline and then to play on the grassy area.  The kids had so much fun!  It was a great summer day spent with friends!  (And I was completely exhausted afterward!)
IMG_7425nIMG_7427n

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Fun! I remember when you took Abbie to her first movie at the cry baby showing!!