Thursday, August 23, 2012

Abbie’s Meet the Teacher Day August 2012

It is hard to believe, but our little baby is starting Kindergarten in just a few short days!  Today we went to her new elementary school to meet her teacher, Mrs. Murphy.  Mimi came to watch Carter and Elisabeth so that Stephen and I could really enjoy this special time with Abbie.  I think we were all a little nervous about our very first visit to the elementary school!

Of course, I had to take a few pictures of Abbie outside the school on our way in.  I could tell she was a little nervous.
IMG_7595n2
IMG_7599n
We went in and found Mrs. Murphy’s room in the Kindergarten hallway.  The school looks like new as it was just remodeled over the summer.  It has a very homey feeling, perfect for little kids.  I think it was meant to be because Abbie’s school colors are yellow and green and her mascot is a bear because the man who the school is named for is a Baylor alumni.   She is already a little bear!
Abbie drew a picture for her new teacher and gave it to her as she walked in the classroom.  Mrs. Murphy was very nice and gave her a big hug and smile.  Abbie loved her right away!
IMG_7600nIMG_7601n
The parents came in and distributed the school supplies around the room and filled out a stack of paperwork while the kids went to the library.  We met back up with Abbie once everything was over and she was as happy as could be.  She is very excited about her first day of Kindergarten!
IMG_7602IMG_7603nIMG_7604nIMG_7605n
Once that was over, we rushed off to her very first day of ballet.  It was quite the day for Abbie!

No comments: