As much fun as I had, it was definitely not the best weekend for me to be away. Thankfully Mimi was able to come up on Friday to watch the kids and then Stephen was on duty the rest of the weekend. I arrived home around 4:30 on Sunday afternoon and immediately started getting ready for Abbie’s first day of Kindergarten the next day!
I did not have a chance to go grocery shopping and we were short on time for dinner. I let Abbie pick where she wanted to go, and she chose Taco Bell. Obviously not my ideal Sunday-night-before-the-first-day-of-school dinner but the kids had fun and it was fast. We even had time for frozen yogurt afterward!
We came home and quickly changed the kids into their first day of school clothes. I had the idea to take the kids over to the elementary school on Sunday night so I could take all the pictures I wanted to mark the big day. I know it probably seems crazy, but honestly it was the best idea ever! Abbie wasn’t nervous and was excited about school the next day. I didn’t have to worry about embarrassing her in front of everyone, and I got to take as many pictures as I wanted.
After our picture time, we came home and took baths and read our books before bed.
It was a crazy last weekend to our summer! It was a great way to end our summer before the school year started once again!

1 comment:
I can't believe Abbie likes taco bell! That is funny!!
Post a Comment